Yunnan Baiyao Medicinal Botanical Garden
- 1.Inheriting traditional Chinese medicine culture Traditional Chinese medicine is the material basis of traditional Chinese medicine, and the raw materials of many medicinal materials are derived from plants. There are 12,807 kinds of traditional Chinese medicine resources, including 11,146 kinds of medicinal plants, accounting for 87%. The medicinal botanical garden is a place for people to appreciate the cultural knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine, and it is a link for the development and inheritance of traditional Chinese medicine culture.
- 2.Popularize knowledge of natural medicines Medicinal botanical gardens, as a place to collect and grow medicinal plants, have become an excellent place to popularize knowledge of natural medicines, and are natural classrooms and laboratories for popular science education.
- 3.Ex situ conservation of endangered plants The medicinal botanical garden can carry out the selection and breeding technology of authentic medicinal materials, ethnic medicinal materials and rare and endangered medicinal plants by investigating the current situation of characteristic medicinal plants in Yunnan and its adjacent areas and collecting germplasm resources Research, carry out ex situ protection and display of characteristic medicinal plants, and compare the growth and development traits, medicinal material yield, quality traits, adaptability and resistance of different types of medicinal plants from different sources. It has become a medicinal plant heritage preservation site and Gene data bank.
- 4.Environmental demonstrationThe medicinal botanical garden actively protects natural resources, especially medicinal plant germplasm resources, which is a perfect combination of traditional Chinese medicine cultural garden and ecological forest park. In the process of planting and breeding, the characteristics of the natural ecological community of medicinal plants are strictly followed, and the use of pesticides and fertilizers is strictly controlled.
- 5.Beautify the parkTo build Yunnan Baiyao Group into a characteristic boutique park,
create a beautiful home for employees to live happily, provide visitors with a
pleasing sightseeing spot, and enhance the overall image of the city from one
- 1.Wide coverageJudging from the geographical location of the world, Yunnan is close to the Asian continent in the north, only 700km away from the Bay of Bengal in the south, and 400km away from the South China Sea. It can be said that the geographical location of Yunnan is precisely affected by the intersection of the South Asian monsoon and the East Asian monsoon. At the same time, the terrain of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau affects the climate of Yunnan Province. The difference between the north and south of Yunnan is about 9 latitudes, and the altitude ranges from 76 meters to 6740 meters, forming a rare three-dimensional climate, similar to the climate type from China's Hainan Island to the northeast thousands of miles.The diversity of climate and topography has nurtured rich biological resources, and it is the province with the largest distribution of natural medicine resources in China. The national statistics of traditional Chinese medicine resources show that there are 4758 kinds of medicinal plants in Yunnan, accounting for about 40% of the country, and the medicinal plants rank first in the country. In combination with its geographical advantages, Yunnan Baiyao has collected about 1,000 species of plants, covering the characteristic representative medicinal plants of 6 agroclimatic zones of northern tropics, southern subtropics, central subtropics, northern subtropics, southern temperate zones and mid-temperate zones. At the same time, the establishment of subtropical plant greenhouses and xerophyte greenhouses has enriched plant species.
- 2. Formation of ecological communitiesThere are traditional botanical medicine ponds and basic
botanical medicinal ponds in the garden. The traditional botanical medicine
ponds display medicinal plants that are often used to make soups, such as
Poria, Guizhi, Pinellia, etc. Numerous medicinal
plants form a symbiotic and mutually beneficial ecosystem.
Total area: covers an area of about 100 mu.Center coordinates: 102.84° east longitude, 24.83° north latitude.Altitude: 1950m to 2000m.Topography: It belongs to the low-latitude plateau Pingba area,
the terrain is relatively gentle, the geology is red clay and weakly weathered
fossil hills, and the terrain is red sandstone slopes.Climate: It is a low-latitude plateau monsoon climate, with four
seasons like spring, sufficient sunshine and sufficient rain, the annual
average sunshine hours is 2100h, the annual average temperature is 14.5°C, the
coldest monthly average temperature is 7.8°C, the highest monthly average
temperature is 20.5°C, and there is a frost-free period throughout the year. 283d, the annual
average rainfall is 787.8mm. The dry season is from
November to April and the rainy season is from May to October.The medicinal botanical garden is divided into 12 special gardens
according to plant species, collecting about 1,000 kinds of plants, including
about 500 kinds of medicinal plants, about 260 kinds of ethnic medicinal
plants, and more than 60 kinds of national rare and endangered and protected
Why do Yunnan Baiyao want to establish a medicinal botanical garden?
What are the characteristics of Yunnan Baiyao Medicinal Botanical Garden?
With the development of modern medical technology, the development of medicinal plant resources has broken through the traditional model. single-purpose use. Yunnan Baiyao is guided by the disciplines of traditional Chinese medicine, biology, chemistry and analysis, aiming at the systematic utilization of traditional medicinal parts and non-medicinal parts of medicinal resource organisms, integrating multiple technologies, and carrying out multi-level research. Utilization value discovery and resource utilization research. For example, after more than 40 years of research and development of Panax notoginseng, it is the first domestic research and development unit to carry out comprehensive research and development of different parts of Panax notoginseng, and has developed a series of drugs such as Xuesaitong and Panax notoginseng Guanxinning. New drugs such as breviscapine, breviscapine injection, breviscapine tablets, and Yimaikang can be used to treat cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
Yunnan Baiyao Research
YUNNAN PAIYAO Uses for injury and surgery; gastro-intestinal, respiratory, and urogenital disor
Yunnan Baiyao Medicinal Botanical Garden
Total area: covers an area of about 100 mu.Center coordinates: 102.84° east longitude, 24.83° nort